International version of Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing model number GT-I9300 gets a new official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update with base firmware XXUGND2. This update is available via OTA as well as with KIES. Users who missed OTA update or those who find it difficult to update via Samsung KIES can follow our step by step tutorial to update your device to latest firmware.
Proceed at your own riskPlease apply the information given in this blog(Mobiada) at your own risk and responsibilities and any damages caused by following our tutorials or Guides will not be acknowledged by us.
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 22:45:56 +0000
Product Code: SER
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Back up your valuable data and settings via a recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP.
- Things you need to back up: SMS (How to Backup SMS and Restore it on any Android Device), Contacts, Call log (Backup and Restore Call Logs on Android), Images, songs, videos, files which are present in your internal memory, APN and MMS settings (follow this path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”)
- The XXUGND2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update and these step by step instructions are meant for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 model only. Do not attempt installing this firmware on another variant or device, as it may inadvertently hard-brick or damage the device. Verify the device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify whether Galaxy S3 I9300 USB drivers are installed for the phone on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode is on phone [Guide to Enable USB Debugging mode on various Android Versions]
- Ensure device has at least 85% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing ROM.
- Ensure both device and its bootloader are unlocked.
- If device is stuck at booting or experiences boot loop issues, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilize for Ten minutes before using the device.