Samsung is rolling out new Jellybean firmware update to its several high-end and mid-end Smart Phones and Tablets, Now Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1(P5100) gets a official Jellybean 4.2.2 BVDMF1 Firmware update. You can verify the update by visiting Settings >> About device >> Software update.
You can use Samsung Kies software to update it but sometimes it may not be available on Kies and also update may not be rolled out to some countries still now. So, Here is a manual update guide which is tested by developers and working great.
Make sure that you meet following requirements
- A PC with Windows OS
- Install Samsung USB Drivers and Kies software
- Download and install ODIN v3.07
- This update guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1(P5100). Kindly check your device ID before proceeding.
- Backup your device data using Samsung Kies software or follow this guide to back and Restore SMS.
- Make sure that device is charged to at least 80%.