Micromax A116 Canvas HD is one of the best selling smartphone of Micromax. The device is incredibly popular in India because of its cost towards amazing specifications. If you have landed in this page then you might already own Canvas HD A116 and looking for reliable guide to root the device.
Here is a reference of Micromax A116 Canvas HD Specifications and Pricing guide.
Before proceeding with the rooting process please make sure that you have some knowledge about rooting and its advantage. Here is our most comprehensive guide about Rooting, Its Advantages and Disadvantages.
Rooting Micromax A116 Canvas HD involves two process
- Installing CWM Recovery (clockWorkMod)
- Actual Rooting Process
Its very important to install CWM Recovery (ClockWorkMode) before getting into actual rooting process. So, Please don’t skip the first step.
Proceed at your own riskPlease apply the information given in this blog(Mobiada) at your own risk and responsibilities and any damages caused by following our tutorials or Guides will not be acknowledged by us.
Make sure that you meet following requirements before proceeding
- A PC with Windows OS
- Install Micromax A116 USB Drivers
- This rooting guide will only work for Micromax A116 Canvas HD. Please don’t try this on other devices.
- Backup your Phone data like contacts, SMS etc or here is a guide to back up and Restore SMS.
- Make sure that phone is charged to at least 80%
- Turn ON USB Debugging ( Menu >> Settings >> Developer options >> USB debugging ) [Guide to Enable USB Debugging mode on various Android Versions]
Install CWM Recovery on Micromax A116 Canvas HD
- Here you can download SP Flash Tool. Extract it on your desktop.
- Also download MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt and ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- Now from the extracted files and run Flash_Tool.exe
- Click on “Scatter Loading” (right side) and select the downloaded text file MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
- You can see many options popping up. Make sure that only “Recovery” option is ticked (like in the screenshot below)
- Now click on “Recovery” option and select the file recovery.img (ClockWorkMod recovery file)
- In Flashtool go to Options >> USB Mode and Options >> DA Download All >> Force to High Speed (refer screenshot below)
- Switch of Your Phone and remove the battery.
- Click Download button on Flash Tool (Ignore warnings)
- Now reinsert battery. Press hold
Volume UP Keyand Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Your device will be getting installed, Check for Yellow colored progress bar.
- When the process is completed you will see Green color ring with success message.
- Once done you can switch of the phone again. Now restart the phone to recovery mode by pressing
Power Key + Volume UP + Volume Down Key. Now choose Recovery Option and you should be seeing CWM Recovery Option if you followed above steps correctly.
DisclaimerAll the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (Mobiada.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. So follow the tutorials at your own risk.
Root Micromax A116 Canvas HD
- First download SU Package and SU Bin. Place it in top directory of your External SD card.
- Now again restart the phone to recovery mode by pressing
Power Key + Volume UP + Volume Down Key. You can use
Volume Downbutton for navigation and
Power buttonto select any option.
- Go to Recovery option and then CWM Recovery. Now make sure than you Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, and go to Advanced >> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now go to main menu and select option “Install ZIP from SD Card” and then select “Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip“.
- Now again go to main menu and select option “Install ZIP from SD Card” but this time select “su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip“.
- Once its flashed go to main menu and select “reboot system now“.
- Thats it your Micromax A116 Canvas HD is successfully rooted. Here is how to can check whether the phone is rooted or not.