Samsung Galaxy SII Plus bearing model number GT-I9105P gets an official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM dubbed as I9105PXXUBMG8. This new firmware update rolls out first for Germany via OTA. This update is said to enhance launcher, weather widget and lock screen from the Samsung Galaxy S4 and a slightly smoother performance.
The OTA update is currently available for download in Germany. Those who don’t want to wait for the official firmware release in their country can manually update their Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P by following the below tutorial.
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:17:52 +0000
Product Code: DBT
Proceed at your own riskPlease apply the information given in this blog(Mobiada) at your own risk and responsibilities and any damages caused by following our tutorials or Guides will not be acknowledged by us.
Quick Pre Requisites:
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S II Plus to transfer files between the Android device and your computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Guide to Enable USB Debugging mode on various Android Versions]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
Things you need to back up: SMS (How to Backup SMS and Restore it on any Android Device), Contacts, Call log, Images, songs, videos, files which are present in your internal memory, APN and MMS settings (follow this path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”)
4) See that your Galaxy S2 Plus has 85 percent of battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) ODIN is designed to work in Windows OS only. Linux and Mac OS X users should use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN on their computer.
7) Android 4.2.2 I9105PXXUBMG8 update is compatible with Samsung Galaxy SII Plus GT-I9105P model only. Attempting to install the firmware on any other variant may brick or permanently damage the device. Verify your device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
DisclaimerAll the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (Mobiada.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. So follow the tutorials at your own risk.
Steps to Update Galaxy S2 I9105 to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
Note: More recent update is found at Update Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P with Android 4.2.2 XXUBMI1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Step 1: Download Odin 3.07 and Download Android 4.2.2 I9105XXUBMG8 Jelly Bean OTA for Galaxy SII Plus / (Mirror) to your computer and extract both of them. Run Odin3.v3.07.exe as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the installation process smoothly.
Step 2: Switch off your device and enter in Download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S2 Plus can be enabled by pressing Volume Down Rocker Key + Home Button simultaneously and then Power ON the device. Once the device gets on in Download mode you will see a Green Robot, then you can release the buttons. Then hit Volume Up button to progress into Download Mode.
Step 3: Connect your Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 to your computer with the help of original USB cable given at the time of purchase in your sales package. As soon as you connect you will see that the ID:COM Section will turn Yellow/Green/Blue, indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Ensure the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are selected in Odin. But uncheck the Re-Partition option
Step 4:In the Odin click on “PDA to select the rooting tar file which you have downloaded and extracted in the first step and click on Start. Update process will now start and will be completed in 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 5: Once the update process is completed the device will be rebooted automatically and a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. It might take little bit more time then you have expected so please wait for a while. Now unplug your device from the computer.
The Galaxy SII Plus GT-I9105 is now running on the latest Android 4.2.2 I9105XXUBMG8 Jelly Bean OTA update. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
Note: If the phone is stuck at boot animation or Samsung logo after Step 9, then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset as well as Wipe Cache Partition before choosing reboot system now option. NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select an option in recovery. Performing data wipe task will only erase your phone’s internal memory and not the data on SD card.