Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 is a pretty popular Android tablet and many are trying to install custom ROM on it. So in this guide you are going to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, This guide also covers methods to root and flash CWM which is essential step to install custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 ships with Android 4.2 froyo and later it can be updated to Android 2.3 Gingerbread but this guide will help you taste latest Android 4.2 Jellybean through CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers and Kies software
- This guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000. Kindly check your device ID before proceeding.
- Backup your device data using Samsung Kies software or follow this guide to back and Restore SMS.
- Make sure that device is charged to at least 80%.
Proceed at your own riskPlease apply the information given in this blog(Mobiada) at your own risk and responsibilities and any damages caused by following our tutorials or Guides will not be acknowledged by us.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
First step is to root your device for CWM installation, Make sure that you are running latest Android update that is Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Go to Settings >> Applications and tick the option “Unknown Sources“
- Download and extract “DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit” to your computer.
- Connect your device with USB and make sure you enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the file “runme.bat” and within few minutes your device will get rooted automatically.
Now you have rooted the device so lets flash CWM (ClockworkMod) through which we install custom ROM CyanogenMod 10.1.
Flash CWM to Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
- Now Install CWM App from Google play store here.
- Run the application and choose “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” option. Then follow the instruction to flash CWM.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1 on Galaxy Tab P1000
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and GApps. Place the downloaded files in SDcard.
- Now switch of your phone then press these keys together
Power + Home + Volume Down. This will take you to Recovery mode.
- Now wipe phone caches like data cache, cache partition and dalvik cache. Use volume up, volume down to navigate and Power button to select option.
- Now select “Install zip from SDCard” option and choose the downloaded CM 10.1 ROM from sdcard. It will get flashed.
- Similarly now again select “Install zip from SDCard” option and choose the downloaded GApps file.
- Now reboot the device by selecting “reboot system” option.
Thats it you are now using Android 4.2 Jellybean by CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM.