You want to root or unroot Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro (I8552) right ? If yes stay here. He I presented a easiest and safest method to root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 running on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean.
Before proceeding with the rooting process, Please make sure that you have some knowledge about rooting, its pros and cons. Rooting unveils the power of your device, There are many advantages involved in it like ability to install custom ROM, removing bloatwares etc. For your complete reference about rooting, I wrote a detailed guide which will answer your every question about rooting. Please read it before proceeding if you don’t know what you are going to do.
- What is rooting and why root your Phone ?
- Advantages of rooting Android phone ?
- Risks involved in rooting Android phone ?
- What is Unrooting and how to Unroot ?
You can read my detailed tutorial about rooting here.
Proceed at your own riskPlease apply the information given in this blog(Mobiada) at your own risk and responsibilities and any damages caused by following our tutorials or Guides will not be acknowledged by us.
- A PC with Windows OS ( Not mandatory )
- Install Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro USB Drivers from here and Kies Software. Its a Important step to connect your device with PC but Not mandatory if you have access to internet on phone.
- This rooting guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552. You can check the device id by going to settings >> About device >> Model Number.
- Backup your Phone data like contacts, SMS etc or here is a guide to back up and Restore SMS. You can also use Samsung Kies software to backup everything.
- Make sure that phone is charged to at least 80%
- Turn ON USB Debugging ( Menu >> Settings >> Developer options >> USB debugging ) [Guide to Enable USB Debugging mode on various Android Versions] (Not mandatory)
Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552
- Download the rooting package Framaroot-1.4.1.apk from here. You can directly download this from your phone or otherwise download it in your PC and transfer it to your SD card via USB.
- Make sure that you allow sideloading. Go to Settings >> Security and check the option Unknown Sources.
- Now open the apk file Framaroot-1.4.1.apk using your file explorer and install the app.
- After the installation open Framaroot app and select the option “Install superuser or Install SU“.
- Proceeding the process you need to select exploit method, Just select GANDALF exploit.
- Now your device will get rooted and reboot after the process.
Thats it you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro (I8552). Here you can verify whether the phone is rooted or not.
Unroot Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552
- Start the App you installed previously. (Framaroot)
- Now select the option “Unroot” and select the exploit name as GANDALF.
- It will automatically unroot your device and it will get rebooted.
The device is successfully unrooted, Here you can verify whether the phone is rooted or not.